Sunday, April 17, 2011

ARIGATO!! for coming

 ARIGATO FOR COMING


Amazing speakers

Organizing team and helpers

Thank you very much for coming to our special event, Global Pecha Kucha Night- Inspire Japan last night.  11 speakers presented, and nearly 280 people RSVP'd, and well over 100 people came despite the heavy rain.

We raised $2,011, all of which will be donated to Architecture for Humanity.

I noticed that the Global PechaKucha Night was not happening in NYC on Monday, and I decided to organize one on Tuesday.  We put this event together from scratch in only 4 days - that's SOKOJIKARA!

I cannot thank enough all the speakers who put their amazing presentation together in a couple of days.  I cannot thank enough the organizing team members and helpers who worked so hard to make this happen.  I cannot thank enough our sponsors, TOTO USA and GSAPP Columbia University who kindly offered us space, food and drinks.

For those who missed, you can still watch the video on Ustream
(Since we had some technical difficulties, it starts from the 3rd presenter.)

I would like to continue my effort to raise awareness, remind people of this tragedy and support the long-term reconstruction of Japan.

Thank you again!!

Motoko Shoboji
Lead Organizer

program

No comments:

Post a Comment